To celebrate this 100th post of the Defenders Fansite, I've decided to list when Marvel's earliest superhero titles reached their centennial issues, as originally published in Marvel Age #100 (May 1991).
As the star of Journey into Mystery, Thor technically tops the chart. Hulk and Sub-Mariner tie for second place, as the featured heroes from Tales to Astonish.
- Journey into Mystery #100 (January 1964)
- Tales to Astonish #100 (February 1968)
- Captain America #100 (April 1968)
- Fantastic Four #100 (July 1970)
- Amazing Spider-Man #100 (September 1971)
- Avengers #100 (June 1972)
- Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #100 (July 1972)
- Daredevil #100 (June 1973)
- X-Men #100 (August 1976)
- Iron Man #100 (July 1977)
- Conan the Barbarian #100 (July 1979)
- Marvel Team-Up #100 (December 1980)
- Master of Kung-Fu #100 (May 1981)
- The Defenders #100 (October 1981); this centennial cover appeared in the fansite's second post.
As Fred Hembeck pointed out in Marvel Age #100, Patsy Walker (the future Hellcat) reached issue #100 (April 1962) of her own series before any of the superhero titles above.
Patsy Walker #100, appropriately enough, highlighted her fan club.