One of the most memorable catch-phrases in comics was Power Man's exclamation "Sweet Christmas" (or "Christmas" for short). Here are instances when he used the expression among the Defenders.
Fighting Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew in Defenders #18.
- Power Man: (Thinking) Christmas! That freakin' ball of his is like a blasted boomerang--
Riding on Daimon Hellstrom's chariot through a teleportation portal (#24).
- Power Man: Christmas! The horses! Th-they're bein' swallowed up--by a freakin' hole in the air!!
Returning through the portal (#25).
- Hellstrom: You and I and my demon chariot have re-entered the physical plane--and Valkyrie is nowhere in sight.
- Power Man: (Spotting Dr. Strange and Nighthawk) Right on--but wait'll you turn around an' see who is! Christmas!
After a spell backfired and electrically shocked Dr. Strange (#38).
- Power Man: Sweet Christmas. man--you tryin' t'outdo Ben Franklin or what?!
On saving the "world gone sane" in Defenders Annual #1.
- Power Man: Christmas! I ain't even sure what we're trying to save!