Dedicated to the definitive superhero non-team.


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Either in You or It's Not

A friend was kind enough to alert me this week that Marvel plans to launch a new Defenders series in December 2011.

Doctor Strange, Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, and Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross) are among the characters slated for the ongoing series.

For all my mixed feelings about previous attempts to either revisit or ravamp the non-team, I have to say that I am looking forward to the upcoming Defenders title.

5 comments:

ekko said...

I think the remake has mad potential--Matt Fraction writing Iron Fist again is worth the price by itself, but they're also talking about using a lot of other B-listers, all in the tradition of the original series. I can't wait!

Hey, if you are interested in a little cross promotion, you can send me an e-mail with your favorite comicbook movies and I'll publish your list and link to your site.

If you feel like it, you can tell your readers that they can vote, too, here:

http://www.berkeleyplaceblog.com/2011/07/24/vote-for-the-best-comic-book-movie/

Love your site, keep up the great work!

J.A. Morris said...

If nothing else, I hope it encourages Marvel to publish more volumes of Defenders 'Marvel Masterworks' reprints.

I'll probably buy the first issue, but I don't expect much good from Marvel these days.

~P~ said...

Curse me for a novice.

So, sorry... I would have emailed you DAYS ago, but due to the date of your last post, I thought you may have "moved on".

I blogged about the Marvel teasers and theories (and then eventual official announcement) for a few days (before and on the announcement date at SD-CC), but yours is a DEFENDERS site, and I should have dropped a line.

Mea Culpa.

~P~
Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog
http://sanctumsanctorumcomix.blogspot.com/

james said...

I would like to thank everyone for the above comments.

After a three-month hiatus, this is my only post for July.

Please look for new content on this site in September.

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.